ECLIPSX-Transit Passenger Information Display Systems (PIDS) is a robust information display system that makes it easy for rail and and bus station operators to keep passengers informed of mission-critical trip status and manage passenger flow. When combined with ECLIPSX Digital Paging public address system, or any other tools from the ECLIPSX family of products, the result is a powerful, seamless and unified Passenger Communication System that allows you to Reach Every Passenger, EverywhereSM.
Passengers will be able to quickly find trip information and way finding instructions on displays that are easy to read and beautifully designed to enhance the image of the station and manage passenger flow.
Operations personnel will be more efficient because the user interface is intuitive and simple to learn. Permissions-based user accounts ensure that users are presented only the functionality that they need.
IT staff and system administrators will love ECLIPSX because it is developed with the most ubiquitous and advanced Microsoft technologies making it easy to administer and support. Because the administration and user clients are browser-based, there are no applications to load and maintain; simply launch Internet Explorer and you're in business.
Finanace and accounting departments will appreciate the ability to leverage purchasing power from major hardware and software manufacturers like Dell, Hewlett-Packard, NEC, Samsung and Microsoft because the system is designed to utilize commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware and software.
- A flexible Web-based architecture provides the ultimate maintainability, redundancy, and scalability at a substantially lower total cost of ownership.
- The reliable third generation system boasts greater than 99.9% uptime ensuring that passengers will have access to the information they need when they need it.
- The powerful ECLIPSX-Design visual page designer grants complete control over the design and layout of public displays to manage branding, wayfinding, and readability.
- The modular application design allows customers to define their needs for a variety of applications including integrated advertising, visual messaging, device-level monitoring and alerts, and emergency messaging.
- The application's open architecture supports integration with other standards-based IT systems allowing you to leverage existing technology investments.
For More Information
Contact an ECLIPSX-Transit sales representative or call 1-800-899-2638, option 4.